You may not be familiar with sulfur as a natural element, however organic sulfur is
absolutely vital when it comes to health. Sulfur being one of the building blocks for vibrant health is essential for maintaining youthful skin and joints and also to a healthy digestive system.

Sulfur could be one of the most important nutrients required by our body as it is present in the amino acids which are in turn the basic building blocks of protein. It also has a series of other healing and preventive properties for the human body.

There are six chemical elements make up 99 percent of your body mass being oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus. The next five being potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium make up the remaining 1 percent in slightly varying degrees.

Whilst sulfur appears to be relatively inconsequential in this list, the fact is, it's the third most abundant mineral in your body with its most vibrant functions being an antioxidant.

Sulfur aids with healthy skin and hair & Jersey Sea Salt containson average 1.57g per 100g

Sulfur is present in all living tissues. It's a component in two important amino acids: methionine (mainly from egg whites and fish), which is essential, meaning your body doesn't synthesise and must be obtained from an outside

Your skin, muscles and bones contain about half the sulfur in your body. Hair and nails made of the protein keratin, contain a large share of sulfur, while your
cartilage and connective tissues are a more flexible form, which changes and breaks down over time which leads to signs of aging. Some of these indicators include wrinkles, sore muscles and joint pain, which could be an
indication of a sulfur deficiency.

Glutathione, the body's detoxifyer

Sulfur plays a critical role in detoxification, as it is part of one of the most important antioxidants that your body produces: glutathione. Without sulfur, glutathione is rendered ineffective which is significant because glutathione is your body's built-in detoxifier.

Sulfur considerably increases the permeability of your cells, which means that it increases the cells' capability of flushing out excess fluids and toxins. This mechanism has a very important detoxifying effect, making way for essential nutrients into your system and thereby improving the overall functioning of your cell membranes.

Our Range

Solar Evaporated Sea Salt


No Products in the Cart