Not all chickens are reared the same however with these ingredients combining so beautifully you could be forgiven for thinking you were eating the best organic chicken on the market. The chicken relies on nothing but Jersey Sea Salt and Black Pepper infusion which yields crispy skin and succulent meat.
- 1 4lb Chicken
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2tsp Olive Oil
- Jersey Sea Salt and Black Pepper infusion
- Pat dry chicken with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper infusion into the cavity of the bird. Cut the lemon in half and place it inside the chicken. Rub the olive oil over the skin of the chicken and then evenly rub the salt and pepper infusion over the chicken. Repeat the process, don’t be shy with the infusion and ensure that the entire chicken skin is fully covered.
- Place the chicken on a rack and leave uncovered in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably over night.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tray and cover the chicken loosely with foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and roast for another 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the bird) and reduce the temperature to 160C-180C/320F-350F/Gas 3-4.
- The chicken is fully cooked when the juices run clear when pierced in the thigh with a skewer or the easiest way to check the chicken is cooked is to use an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. It should read 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the roasting tray and let stand on a chopping board for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a green salad or seasonal vegetables.