Spaghetti al pepe e pecorino
- by Dave Miles
This is a very simple Italian pasta dish which really propels the warm, spicy flavour of pepper. Our Jersey Sea Salt Pepper infusion picks up the piquant flavour in the dish and adds a lovely crunchy texture.
This dish would marry well with a Pecorino white wine, a Gavi or Chardonnay.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g spaghetti
- 100g Pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 1 heaped tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Generous pinch of Jersey Sea Salt Pepper infusion
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan. Add and stir through the ground black pepper. Take off the heat and set aside, leaving the flavour of the pepper to infuse the oil.
- Cook the spaghetti in water with a generous pinch of Jersey Sea Salt until al dente, saving the cooking water.
- Put the pan with the oil and pepper back on a medium heat. Drain and add the spaghetti to the pan (or add it directly with tongs), along with a small ladleful of the cooking water.
- Stir the pasta and add the grated cheese, stirring all the time to mix everything together. You can add a little more of the cooking water if necessary.
- Divide between two warmed pasta dishes. Drizzle a little olive oil over each dish and add a generous pinch of the Jersey Sea Salt Pepper infusion for the finishing touch.
- Serve immediately.