This classic cocktail is said to have been first concocted by a Mexican restaurant owner Carlos Herrera in 1938. For a contemporary twist why not try our sea salt and chilli infusion.
Ingredients for a Margarita Cocktail
- 80ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 25ml of Cointreau or triple sec
- 75ml of good quality tequila
- Jersey Sea Salt
- 3 lime wedges
- Ice cubes
- Fill your desired glass with ice to chill.
- Place loads of ice and the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake for 40 seconds to chill the contents.
- Rub the rim of the glass by running a wedge of lime around the outside of the rim and then roll in Jersey Sea Salt. As an alternative try our salt and chilli infusion.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass and serve.